The institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth (BV) was accorded deemed university status in 1996 for its academic excellence. The Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University)
- has established academic excellence and offers programs in innovative and emerging areas,
- presently has 29 constituent institutions, including three research institutes dedicated exclusively to research,
- is multi-campus and multi-disciplinary and is catering to the needs of Urban and Rural students,
- has significant achievements in research,
- has world-class infrastructure and facilities, launched several innovative academic programs, best teaching-learning processes and has entered into national, as well as, international collaborations.